Today at Ft. Walton Spray Fields - adult male Vermilion Flycatcher up
vagrant road,  not many shorebirds, but the first Ruddy Duck and Am.
Pipit.  Also, The Eared Grebes remain plus a Bald Eagle.  I chased a
calling Ash-throated Flycatcher for quite a while only to find a Br.
Thrasher doing a perfect imitation.  It is after all a mimic thrush and
it was where the Ash-throats hang out.  Yesterday at Ft. Pickens, a
mystery bird, seen fairly well very briefly from a distance, I dont have
a clue, I even visited a pet shop to see if it were an escape.  A finch,
about Blue Grosbeak size, pinkish buff overall, head and all, no field
marks except darkish wings with two very distinct white outstanding wing
bars, very well defined and equal in size.  I checked West Indies,
Mexico, Europe  guides but came up blank. Any help out there?  Bob Duncan