Hi all,

At Saint Marks NWR this evening, I'm sure I heard some Long-billed
Dowitchers (but no godwits :-( ) among the zillons of shorebirds in
Lighthouse Pool. The flight call sounded right, and the flocks were
"conversing" as Sibley describes for LBDO (and specifically says
Short-billed doesn't). However, I have read that LBDO is basically
restricted to fresh water in Florida, and isn't Lighthouse Pool brackish...?

The sightings today:
*A.O.U. Order  *Good birds in ALL CAPS
*St. Marks NWR / St. Marks Unit / Oct 2 2001

Pied-billed Grebe
Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron