First a note of thanks to all the great folks who joined me for the FOS feild
trip to the Sanibel Lighthouse on 10/14. Birding can be fickle. Last night
the weather changed, if only slightly, at least that darned ole east wind
subsided. As soon as I parked I could here Bobolinks calling overhead, some
very low, but the fog obscured all but a few. I then expected a good day.
Hawks again did not move today but passerine and swifts were coming on
strong. A few loose flocks of rough-winged swllows and a pair of barn
swallows passed by, a Roseate Spoonbill flew overhead, Palm Warblers
outnumbered all others.
Scarlet Tanager
Swainson's Thrush
Catbirds
Gnatcatchers
Blue Grosbeak 2
Indigo Bunting 6
Warblers, all in the same seagrape, all less than 20' off the ground
   Black-thr. Green male
   Chestnut-sided
   N.Parula
   Tennessee 2imm.
   Prairie
   Blackburnian fem.
   Ovenbird
Redstart fem.
N.Yellowhtroat male
 and I almost forgot, in the tree with the warblers a
Philadelphia Vireo adult within 10' of me at eye level.

Vince McGrath
Ft. Myers,Fl.