Today at Pickens, the best "pickin's" were an adult Scissor-tailed
Flycatcher and a Western Kingbird. We also had 11 spp of warblers, but
nothing out of the ordinary, and none in quantity except Palms. Both
tanagers were present as were both grosbeaks and indigo buntings, several
YB Cuckoos, many catbirds and many more Eastern Phoebes.
Driving down the Ft. Pickens road in the early morning, we saw three
Eastern Phoebes flying back in to the island from out over the Gulf. Even
birds miss the tern every now and then.

Lucy Duncan
Gulf Breeze, FL

.