Are you sure you want a spotting scope?  I feel most people buy them because
that's what they see others using.

You should consider a good quality binocular of 12 power or more.  Because
of heat waves, most long distance observations are unable to use power above
20 or so.  In twilight, higher power is unusable unless objective lenses of
80mm or larger are used.

After many years of experimenting with optics for wildlife viewing I have
settled on a 16 X 70 binocular mounted on a tripod for long distance
viewing.  Advantages over a spotting scope are, you are using two eyes which
means at least a 40% better resolution over one eye, greater field of view,
better low light performance, less eye strain when used for long periods and
lower cost for equivalent quality.

I recently purchase a Cannon 10 X 30 binocular that has a stabilization gyro
built in that is a godsend for the older generation with shaky hands.

If you desire more info on binoculars, I can provide URLs that would be
helpful.

David