Jason et al.:

The Bird Banding Laboratory at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center is the
place to send all reports of banded or color-marked birds.  They maintain
records on all banded birds, and will contact the bander with your
information.  Please be specific, indicating the date and location of the
sighting, habitat, and what the bird was doing (if it was alive), and the
names of the observers.  Be precise about the position of color bands, if
any.  Do provide contact information for yourself, since the bander may
contact you for more information.  This is a very important service that
birders provide, since we become the eyes for dozens of research projects
across the continent.  I've been a beneficiary myself, so I know what it
means to the researchers.  On their behalf, thank you for the information you
provide.
Please see address and email information below:

<A HREF="http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/">http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/</A>

Bird Banding Laboratory
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
12100 Beech Forest Road, Suite 4037
Laurel, MD 20708-4037
Telephone:301-497-5790
Fax: 301-497-5717
Internet Address: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Internet Address for Bird Band Reports only: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>

Rich Paul, Manager
Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries
Audubon of florida
Tampa