Today a small group of birders from St Petersburg Audubon went to Highlands
Hammock St Park.  VERY quiet, bird-wise. Of note: Yellow-bellied sapsucker,
young Red-shouldered Hawks, only warbler was the Black & White, and upwards
of 40 - 50 Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies (male, female and the dark morph)
along a 30 - 40 ft stretch of flowering bushes.  I've GOT to get me some of
those bushes!
 The best birding was after leaving the park. We saw a Red-headed Woodpecker
along Rt 635 and the usual country stuff, crows, bluebirds, meadowlarks. But
no Sandhill Cranes this time.

Mauri J. Peterson
VP/Membership Chair.
St. Petersburg Audubon Soc.