Hi all,

Went looking for Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher today at both Saint George Island
and Bald Point. No luck at either place, but I did find a Golden-crowned
Kinglet west of Carabelle (see my previous post).

SGI was pretty dead, bird-wise - probably because we didn't get there until
1pm. The question of the day was...

"Where have all the seagulls gone?"

...as we didn't see a single one on the island or causeway - in fact, the
only birds on the causeway were two Ruddy Turnstones! The gull question was
answered in Apalachicola, where 100+ were on a sandbar next to the John
Gorrie Bridge.

***
Bird Report
St George Island State Park - October 20 2001
Saint George Island, Franklin County, Florida
A.O.U. Order
(All birds at Youth Camp unless specified)
------------
Brown Pelican (lots, all around the park)
Great Blue Heron (1)
Great Egret (1)
Sharp-shinned Hawk (1)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (1, on the beach with a bum leg)
Medium-sized shorebird sp. (1)
Common Ground-Dove (2, along park road)
Belted Kingfisher (1-2)
Eastern Wood-Pewee (1-2)
Eastern Phoebe (2)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (2)
Gray Catbird (lots)
Northern Mockingbird (lots)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (1)
Palm Warbler (2, in the dunes)
American Redstart (1 first fall female)
Northern Cardinal (1, at the campground)
***
Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve - Unit 4 (6th St, S.G.I.)
----------
Osprey (1)
Great Egret (1)
American Kestrel (1)