Hello -

     Blissfully unaware of all the gull commotion at Fort DeSoto, I arose
bright and early and headed to the Zellwood area for a day of birding. The
Westen Kingbird was on the wires, along the south side of Lust Road before
the gates. Lust Road is off CR-437, which runs south from US 441 at Plymouth.

     I also checked out the "Tangerine Sanctuary" on CR 448, along Dora Dr.
Unfortunately, today this sparrow field was completely sparrowless. Also, the
orange trees at the corner of Dora Dr. and CR 448 have been completely
removed and the land has been plowed, leaving this section attractive to
killdeer and little else. The property further along Dora Dr, however, is
unchanged. I did find a pair of Florida Scrub-jays there. I saw nothing else
of note, at other locations in the area.

     Now, if those birds at Fort DeSoto can hang around until Friday
morning...

Ray Webb
Wesley Chapel, FL