I rode up the Sanibel Beach from the Lighthouse to well past the Holiday
Inn toward the west from 8:45 until 10:00 AM Tuesday.  The Red Knots
were all concentrated more or less in one large group west of the
Holiday Inn which is just short of 2 1/2 miles from the Lighthouse.
No Surfbird.  Yesterday I tried in vain to turn those knots with dark
yellow-green legs into a Surfbird but I couldn't pull it off.  Today I
even tried to turn Ruddy Turnstones into a Surfbird but I couldn't find
a gray one.  So, I have to think the bird is gone.  If these darn
rarities would only respect my schedule.
Dick Konz