Hello group-

     Well, surprise, surprise. And to think that I hadn't been able to find
the Elegant Tern all year at Fort DeSoto, when I was actually LOOKING for
it...

     Today I tried to locate the Blue Goose that had been reported from the
Palm Harbor area. No luck; that made three misses for me of reported birds in
five days (I'm glad you weren't there; it wasn't a pretty sight). I then went
to Caladesi Island because I had heard that Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows
were easy to find there (!!! where? not today, anyway).

     The Elegant was at the far northern end of the island, on the sand spit.
It was with three Sandwich Terns, with a Royal right next to it for size and
bill comparisons. Also there were over a hundred Dunlin, several Marbled
Godwits and other usual shorebirds. I saw a Swamp Sparrow near the beach, and
a few Yellow-rumped Warblers.

Ray

Ray Webb
Wesley Chapel, FL