I hadn't been down Bear Lake Road and Trail since 10/5, and with a
cold front on the way It seemed like a worthy project to check on
what was there today.  The birds provided few surprises, the most
interesting were a Worm-eating Warbler and a Louisiana
Waterthrush.  My only new Species for the Flamingo area this fall
was Magnolia Warbler, I’ve seen them about everywhere else this
fall and might have seen one on the fifth but it was to deep in the
cover to be sure.  While the birds are pretty much the same as on
my last visit, the plants are revealing the changing season.  The
Marlberry that was full of buds on my last visit has nearly finished
flowering and most are already setting fruit, and the Snowberry has
set glistening white fruit.  There are still a few deadly Manchineel
fruit on the trail under some of the larger trees but not nearly as
many as a couple of months ago, and the Sweet Acacia is
beginning to flower in sunny spots along Bear Lake Road.  This is
supposed to be about birds, so here is the tally for Bear Lake Road
and Bear Lake Trail today.

Snowy Egret - 1
Tricolored Heron -  1
Green Heron - 5