Dottie, Gail Menk and I spent most of yesterday,  Monday, 10/15, at St.
George Island where we met John Murphy and Jack Dozier.  Nearly all of the
birds on the following list were seen in the Youth Camp area or flying
overhead.

It was very windy and there were very few shorebirds on the sand bars or the
beach.

Notable birds were as follows:

White Ibis
Bald Eagle, 1 adult - 1 imm.
Sharp-shinned Hawk, 2 or 3
Cooper's Hawk
Broad-winged Hawk, 2
Kestrel
Merlin
Peregrine Falcon, 2
Mourning Dove
Ground Dove
Eurasian Collared Dove

Yellow-billed Cuckoo, numerous
Kingfisher, outside of park
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Flicker
Eastern Wood Pewee
Eastern Phoebe
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, on wires just outside park entrance
Tree Swallow
Barn Swallow
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Wood Thursh
Swainson's Thrush
Catbird, numerous
Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
White-eyed Vireo
Blue-headed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo

14 Warbler Species:
Tennessee
N. Parula
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Yellow-rumped
Black-throated Green
Pine
Prairie
Palm, numerous
Bay-breasted
Black and White
Redstart
Yellow-throat
Hooded
Summer Tanager
Scarlet Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Painted Bunting, female
Indigo Bunting, ouyside park
Towhee
Baltimore Oriole

Keith MacVicar
Tallahassee  FL
"Never look back.  Someone may be gaining on you!