Folks,
CHI is the premier conference for computer scientists interested in how
humans use the Internet socially. It's a whole different scale than
Sunbelt, and lots more corporate funding.
Good people, altho note that the reg. fees are much higher than in the
Social Sciences.
See below for an interesting workshop run by smart, nice, soc-sci and SNA
friendly folks.
Pls note that computer science deadlines are strictly enforced, and are
for "date received," not "date sent". Of course, with the INternet, that's
less of a difference.
 Barry