To those still seeking accommodations for Sunbelt, I would recommend Ambassador Hotel.
I made my reservations there late last week and they still had rooms, which run in the $60 range (more accessible price-wise).  This hotel is located 1/3 mile away from the Le Meridien.  To find info on this and other hotels, try the website
http://www.neworleans.com/ and follow the links to hotels.