Dear SOCNET members,

I am a PhD student, trying to find out the influence of communication
network on fertility behaviour in Bangladesh. I am planning to go to
Bangladesh for collecting data in March. Roughly, my aim is to interview
women of reproductive age from six different areas of Bangladesh to have
sociometric data. Data will be collected to measure, interalia, the
influence of opinion leaders, cohesive sub-groups, stuctural and positional
equivalence in adopting family planning devices and also to measure the
strength of weak ties in this particular issue. Structured questionnaire has
already been prepared. Problem I am finding at this stage is to select the
sample boundary.

1. Villages are too big to go for intact sampling. What may be the other
suitable ways of sampling?

2. In urban areas, may be the participants indicate their relationships with
the people who don't reside at the same geographical area. What will be my
sample boundary in these types of cases?

In Rogers and Kincaid's (1981)work, all the married women of reproductive
age  in village Oryu Li were interviewed. In total they were only 69. But in
Bangladesh, hundreds of married women are available in a village. How can I
limit my boundary?

Could I have suggestions and/or any reference of books or articles regarding
my problem?

Another more request is , in SOCNET list I didn't find E.M.Roger's e-mail
address. May I have his e-mail address from any of you.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and regards,

Kaberi Gayen
PhD Student
Napier University