Greetings,

I thought I'd sent this before but can find no record.
Apologies in advance if it's a duplicate and I'm just a poor
record keeper. --djr
May I call to your attention a tenure track job opening at Mills
College in Oakland, California?  Ad copy appears below.  This is
an open search for someone who does "gender and _______" where
anything that complements our current faculty can fill in the
blank. Gender and social networks or other social structural
angle could work.  If you are a young teacher/scholar who would
enjoy teaching at a liberal arts college for bright women (and
living
in the Bay Area), please give us a look.  If you know of someone
who
fits this bill, please pass this email along.

Ad (also below) and further info at

  http://www.mills.edu/SOCA/job-2001-2002/mills-soc-job-2001.html

Recruitment letter at

  http://www.mills.edu/SOCA/job-2001-2002/SocRcrtLtr2002.PDF

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide in spreading the
word.

Cheers,

Dan Ryan
Mills College Sociology
5000 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94613
http://www.mills.edu/SOCA/soc_danryan.html

Mills College seeks to hire a sociologist at the assistant
professor level who is an exceptional teacher, an active
intellectual, and who has the potential to be a productive scholar
in the liberal arts college context.  The candidate must count
gender among her or his specialties and be interested in teaching
courses on the sociology of gender and women in contemporary
society.  Especially attractive are candidates whose areas
complement those of current department members and whose teaching
would resonate with other programs at the college including, but
not limited to, public policy and Chicana/o or Asian cultural
studies.  For a list of other areas of potential interest, please
see our website.

  Faculty teach five semester courses per year and are also
expected to advise majors and non-majors, to mentor undergraduate
research, to participate in the general education program of the
College, and to participate in college service.

  Ph.D. should be completed by starting date.  Send c.v., three
letters of reference, statement of current and future teaching
repertoire (descriptions and/or syllabi of past and potential
future courses), and summary of research and writing plans to:
Sociology Search Committee Mills College 5000 Macarthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613.  For full consideration, materials must be
received by 31 January 2002.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a
selective liberal arts college for women with coeducational
graduate programs (see www.mills.edu).  Persons of color and those
committed to working in a multicultural environment are encouraged
to apply.  AA/EOE