Well, I don't know if what I do fits what you're interested in. I have done a
series of network studies that look at student-to-student interactions, and how
the way an instructor has structured the class affects their interactions. This
is for distance students communicating almost totally via computer media. For a
recent paper, see http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~haythorn/hay_ICA01.html. If this
fits what you're interested in, I can discuss this with you further.

/Caroline Haythornthwaite