Here is a survey I used many years ago, but it is still useful.  By following
the links at the bottom of the web page you can see the maps and metrics for
the data gathered by the survey.

   http://www.orgnet.com/INSNA/survey.html

Much of the climate in an organization is influenced by the economy it is
embedded in -- don't do these surveys in organizations facing workforce reductions!

Valdis
http://www.orgnet.com