Hi,

I'm looking for references on the effects of people's social support
networks on their use of information technologies. Please note that I am
NOT looking for the reverse - that is: how use of info tech enhances or
doesn't one's social capital - I'm interested in works that discuss how
one's social support networks may affect one's use of info tech. (I
realize this can get tricky as once people start using info tech some of
their social support networks may be from interactions via those media.)

I'm mainly curious about 1. how people may be motivated to start using
info tech due to their networks; and 2. how they may turn to their support
networks for help with use of info tech.

Thanks for any pointers.

Eszter

---
Eszter's List: http://www.eszter.com/elist