Hi,
Since I am new to this list, I will introduce myself first. I am a PhD
student at the faculty of Mangement and Organization (University of
Groningen, the Netherlands). The main focus of my research is
upon the coordination-performance relationship within
organizations. I will use SNA to study this relationship.

The question I like to ask you concerns the interplay between
formal and informal networks within organizations. My 'belief' ( it
isn't more than an idea yet) is that there is some sort of optimal fit
(or level of congruency/overlap) between formal and informal
networks in order to reach an effective level of performance. Could
you please point to me some references in the literature, if any?
Thank you in advance.

Sonja Rispens

Sonja Rispens
Department of Knowledge Management