Thanks a lot to everyone who replied to my 'question for help' (see below). I received a lot of references and even some papers. If anyone is interested in the references, just send me an email and I will send you the list. Kind regards, Sonja Rispens 0000,7F00,7F00> Hi, > Since I am new to this list, I will introduce myself first. I am a PhD > student at the faculty of Mangement and Organization (University of Groningen, the Netherlands). The main focus of my research is 0000,7F00,7F00upon the coordination-performance relationship within organizations. I will use SNA to study this relationship. > > The question I like to ask you concerns the interplay between > formal and informal networks within organizations. My 'belief' ( it > isn't more than an idea yet) is that there is some sort of optimal fit > (or level of congruency/overlap) between formal and informal networks in order to reach an effective level of performance. Could you please point to me some references in the literature, if any? Thank you in advance. > > Sonja Rispens0100,0100,0100 Sonja Rispens Department of Knowledge Management Faculty of Management and Organization University of Groningen P.O. Box 800 9700 AV Groningen The Netherlands. Tel +31-50-3637316