I am new to social network analysis and believe it may be a useful way
for me to analyse/make sense of some public consultation data I have
been able to obtain. If somebody could give me some guidance, it would
be much appreciated.

I am comparing 3 collaborative planning processes and have a record of
all the "formal" communication (letters, faxes, emails, some phone
calls) that occurred between the local agency and the public and between
the local citizen's committee and the public and between the agency and
the local citizen's committee (including meetings). In each case, some
members of the public/groups only communicated with the agency and some
members/groups only communicated with the committee while some
members/groups communicated with both the agency and the committee.
Since I have no data on the "formal" communications between members of
the public and very little data on informal communications between any
people/groups, I only have limited information on the local
communication networks I wish to compare. Nevertheless, some kind of
case comparison of the position of each local citizen's committee
relative to its local agency would help me understand the "informal
power" of each committee relative to its agency collaborator. My
question is, what is the best approach for me to use to conduct this
kind of comparison?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide, Mark Robson