Bob,

What position were you in?

Chris

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Bob Nawrocki [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, March 15, 2002 1:34 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Enron Shredding and Using it as a business opportunity

Scary part Peter is that was done some time ago. Brian Moriki and his
committee developed "A Year in Box" this provided a year of presentations
and meeting ideas. If this had been continued it would have eveolved right
into your idea. Unfortunately ARMA has a habit discarding things after only
a year or two.I can name other similar ideas that died a similar fate. No
long term investment or thinking. For the record Brian's committee died
while I was in a leadership position as part of the internal reorganization
that took place.

There are a ton of things that ARMA could be undertaking to educate and pull
together scattered membership. After all we have more smaller chapters than
large ones. Not all of it is expensive. How about putting together a DVD of
the top 5 or 10 conference presentations. Distribute that to the chapters as
a source of occassional presentations. Unfortunately with $500K down the SII
rathole there is no money for innovative ideas or real, education needed by
our membership.
Bob