As well as serving as a Records Team Leader and Freedom of Information
administrator for the City of Calgary (Alberta, Canada), I have taken every
opportunity to develop and present 2-3 hour training sessions for any
business unit that would like to learn more about how employee records are
affected by Records Mgt. (RIM) and Freedom of Information (FOIP)initiatives.
Because of my education background, developing these presentations has been
fairly easy.
I have a collection of PowerPoint presentations that have been tailored to
the needs of each business unit. This 'value-added' service has made both
RIM and FOIP more understandable and readily accepted by City employees.
If ARMA put together a sample of typical RIM subjects in simple PowerPoint
presentations, then other records professionals can modify the
presenatations as required and they will experience some of the success that
I am having with the City of Calgary.
My only suggestion to ARMA is that those members who develop the
presentations should be paid some form of compensation for their time and
effort.