Larry

I need some clarification please on your terminology. I use
'classification' to mean a hierarchy or file plan or whatever that puts
records in useful clumps for description, retrieval and disposal. Here we
use a functional classification which does descriptors and disposal
categories all in the one (rather large) document.

The categories you and others have mentioned so far are all variable
statuses on the document life cycle or continuumumumum. I prefer not to
call them classifications, because that confuses record types, categories
and statuses with classification.

So which you want?

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd
agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But
I haven't, so I didn't.