>>So my advice is be aware of what you will need it to integrate with.<<

Melissa,

The ability to integrate with other applications is one of the main reasons
the State of North Dakota selected FileNET Content Services as its EDMS
core.  While other solutions offer a full featured API toolkit for doing
integration, FileNET has hundreds of business partners who build the links
into their applications.  By using these solutions, we save the effort of
writing interfaces to applications and the cost of rewriting the code every
time there is a change to FileNET or the application.

The challenge is to get folks to recognize that integration is a longterm
issue and they need to consider the impact of selecting products that do not
come with preconfigured integration.

Bill Roach, CRM, LA
Information Analyst
North Dakota ITD/Records Management