Alice wrote: Just as a curiousity, what excuses/reasons do you receive from those
groups
that feel they "must keep" those files longer?

We have several instances where our customer services people want to keep
financial information and related correspondence longer than the one or
two years specified in the GDA's. I'm very comfortable with their reasons
- good customer service. I fight like crazy whenever anyone says "just in
case".

Cheers

Glenn Sanders
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd
agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But
I haven't, so I didn't.