From: Mallory, Alicia [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 11:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "Retain a minimum of..."
From: Roach, Bill J.
>Timesheets/Timecards - Current year + 5 years, ND Job Service Requirement.
>Applies to state, county, city, park boards, and whatever other political
>subdivision you can think of.
>Not all that hard.
Her reply:
But, what if those timecards are used for reasons other than paying an
employee?  Like verifying hours of official employment for retirement
purposes?
Alicia Mallory - Records Retention Analyst - Teacher Retirement System of
Texas

My reply:
That is a perfect example. We have an older set of time cards that are the
only place that overtime and leave hours are noted. We have to keep these
forever because they are the only source of this information and it directly
affects their retirement income. In more recent years the time card is not
the only source of this information and information pertinent to retirement
is maintained in another format. Therefore we have two retention periods for
time cards, one for cards created before a specific date and one for cards
created after.
Cindra Morgan
913-477-7527