From: Steve Shalagan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 09:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OCR, Full Text Searching etc....

Hi All,

What are the general opinions on using OCR'ing and Full Text Searching as
the Primary Finding Aids ? Good thing ? Bad thing ?

I think as a secondary finding aids they're ok but I have been finding more
and more as we look t upgrade our EDMS/Content Management software a lot of
VAR's are pushing these tools as the only, primary finding aid ? Is anyone
using just OCR and full text searching without any indexing or
classification ?  Curious.....  Thx.

Steve