        Bill Wrote:  I am a low level engineer sitting in a meeting
discussing the design of a
> new pipeline.  Last night I had a fight with my wife who wants to build
> unto
> the house to put in an indoor lap pool, in case she wants to excercise.
> We
> just completed a major remodeling project a the cost of several thousand
> dollars and her idea would require tearing out everything that was done
> and
> starting over.
>
> As I sit in the meeting, I am doodling on my agenda thinking about what I
> think of her idea.  I write across the agenda, "This is stupid".

Bill,
I might argue that the same RM program that thankfully enabled destruction
of your agenda in the scenario above, also enables document destruction of
perhaps a more likely event, that being the engineer who really does think
the pipeline project is flawed, and writes "this is stupid"  on the agenda.
My point is that since both scenarios exist, I think it is important that RM
professionals not appear to defend or financially justify their programs on
the latter.

> Rick Caputo
> Supervisor Document Management
> Equiva Services LLC