In a message dated Fri, 22 Mar 2002  9:28:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Years ago folks put images on cave walls.  A real genuine human readable
> record.  No0 magnifying glass necessary, only a light source.  With only
> half the requiremetns oif microfilm, they still cannot be read.

Sorry Bill, but we can read the cave drawings. What we can't do is understand what was written! Similar to the hieroglyphs -- they were pretty pictures/carvings that have lasted thousands of years but not until Champillon (?) found the Rosetta stone (written in 3 different languages) were we able to translate and understand them.

Peterk