From:   Charis Wilson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, March 19, 2002 4:23 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:             End Tab Strip Label Problem

In the past we've been able to place the new strip labels over the old, individual sticky labels as we've converted our files to the new format.  Recently, however, we've begun to have problems with the strip labels not sticking and we're not sure why the sudden change.

We did notice that the last batch we ordered seemed to be thicker, or stiffer, than the previous ones.  We've also noticed a change in the mylar strips we were using, in that the new ones seem to be a bit heavier.

When I questioned our vendor about the labels not sticking, I was given the answer that whoever applied the labels must have had lotion on their hands when they applied them.  The problem with that answer is that I applied them and I don't use lotion.

We've tried various situations including using old and new mylar, lotion and no lotion and other combinations but nothing seems to make a difference.

The labels we've been using are Tab 6324-00.  Not sure who manufacturers the mylar strips.  No labels on them.

Any ideas?  Also any idea how to "repair" the ones that are starting to peel?

Charis Wilson
Records Manager
Tom Brown Inc.
Denver, CO