From: Ginny Webster [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Paper and The New Yorker

Megan very aptly expressed what many of us think.  There are some
interesting studies about why people enjoy using paper and often work
more
efficently doing so.  I too love the convenience of using my computer to
edit, and communicate, but if I'm reading anything lengthy give me paper
ever time.  A couple of journals to which I subscribe switched to online
versions only.  Because they are not set up to easily navigate and print
out I won't be subscribing to them much longer.  There can be happy
coexistance between paper and computers.  I hope the time does not
arrive
when the novel I want to read at my kitchen table, in my bathroom or in
bed
has to be in computer form.

Ginny Webster
Records Manager/CLE Coordinator
Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue
2727 North Harwood Street
Dallas, Texas 75201-1515
214-969-2965

==========
The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains
information that may be confidential, be protected by the
attorney-client
or other applicable privileges, or constitute non-public information.
It
is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you
are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by
unintended
recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.