Bernadette,

Your are right, it's not funny as in ha ha.  I believe Chris said Humor
Please, not funny.  See #3 below under humor, incongruous.

>hu·mor   Pronunciation Key  (hymr)
n.
1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could
not see the humor of the situation.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled
at crafting humor.
3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical,
incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit1.
4. One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black
bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval
physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health.
5. Physiology.
        A body fluid, such as blood, lymph, or bile.
        Aqueous humor.
        Vitreous humor.
6. A person's characteristic disposition or temperament: a boy of sullen
humor.
7. An often temporary state of mind; a mood: I'm in no humor to argue.<

>in·con·gru·ous   Pronunciation Key  (n-knggr-s)
adj.
1. Lacking in harmony; incompatible: a joke that was incongruous with polite
conversation.
2. Not in agreement, as with principles; inconsistent: a plan incongruous
with reason.
3. Not in keeping with what is correct, proper, or logical; inappropriate:
incongruous behavior<