From: William F. Millican [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 2:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: To CRM or Not to CRM?

Chris Flynn wrote that the designation helps "in the long run".

Chris, for those of us with or without the CRM designation, would you be
so kind as to define how the designation helps "in the long run", as
opposed to something less than, or more than the "long run"?  If you
could be specific and not simply offer opinions, or popular (or
unpopular) beliefs about what the CRM designation may bring, or not
bring to one's career.  At least from this requestor, it is acknowledged
that most receptions can be viewed as a positive element of any
conference, and is this how the CRM designation benefits in the "long
run"?

With all due respect, this topic deserves accurate and documented
commentary that can be used in the successful support of the effort, and
investment (both monetary and time) in weighing whether, or whether not
the CRM designation helps "in the long run".

For instance:
Who does it help?
How does it help them?
What is the long run?
Does the long run end, and how might it end?
Etc., etc., etc.!  Famous quote by _______________?