I am aware that AIIM has been running in the red for several years.  I did see the part about selling to Advanstar.  However, I still have the same comments..., and some questions...; especially regarding whom AIIM is serving...; their dues-paying members and practitioners...; their dues-paying vendor members and sponsors...; or selling out for the bucks$$$$$$$$$$$.  Does AIIM sell their members' names and addresses?

I am a long-time ARMA member, but am not commenting about ARMA's finances and/or ethics in this particular thread discussion.  There has been lots of discussion about that in previous threads.

I was a little rough on AIIM in my previous posting.  They are probably doing the best they can.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM

In a message dated Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:58:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> AIIM will be combining their 2003 show with an on-demand printing group
> next year?   Gosh, that is real forward thinking for an alleged information management-related association!

Read John's message again carefully. AIIM sold their show to Advanstar which is combining it up with the on-demand printing folks. IIRC AIIM is hurting monetarily. Selling the show may have helped them financially

Peter K