Dear Colleagues,

I look for references on the longitudinal study of social networks
(both ego-centered as well as others). My main interest lies in the
logics and mechanisms through which social networks develop
through time. I am interested in all kind of theoretical and empirical
studies and literature; both trend and panel studies, anthropological
accounts etc.

I am aware of the special issue of the journal Social Networks (January
1997) as well as of the book 'Family and Social Networks'.

Please e-mail your references directly to me: I will then make a
summary for the list.

thank you very much in advance,

Markku Lonkila
--------------------------