Kate Haley and I checked out Black Swamp proper on Sunday morning, since
neither of us had ever been. It was nice-- brief, easy hike and good birds!
We weren't beating the bushes, but still came up with favorites like
yellow-billed cuckoos, scads of prothonotary warblers, lots of great crested
flycatchers and even one lone yellow-breasted chat. A nice morning to go
birding (and then go jump in a spring!).

Julie Brashears
Tallahassee, FL