Hi:

The response to my question (or actually my friend's question) regarding
the identity of the bird eggs found in the bluebird box at Babcock Ranch
seems to have been answered. It most probably is a Great Crested
Flycatcher. In any case, we'll know for sure in a week or two as at least
one of the eggs has hatched so we'll see "what comes out!" Thanks to
everyone who generously responded to my query and offered suggestions as
well as further reading on the subject of bird eggs. What an amazing
amount of knowledge is available on this listserv!

Good birding!

Vince Lucas
Naples, FL