I often wondered why such a name as thrasher was given a
bird until I observed a Brown Thrasher on the ground
sweeping his head from side to side through the yard
debris looking for insects.  Cocky bird, when a squirrel
tried to intimidate him he took a peck at the squirrel
before moving out of reach. I do not get Brown Thrashers
often but am always glad to see them.  Last year I had
two singing on the powerlines behind my house with a
nervous Northern Mockingbird skulking beneath.

--
Herman Bechtel
2859 Fountainhead Blvd