I just returned from a few days of fishing & birding in Key West.  On
Friday, we went offshore in search of dolphin in spite of strong winds
from the ENE.  The rough seas were worth it though as we caught some
nice fish and spotted some great birds.  Saw several small groups of
AUDUBON'S SHEARWATERS, a single SOOTY SHEARWATER, and an adult plumage
WHITE-TAILED TROPICBIRD (all approximately 10-12 miles offshore).  On
Saturday & Sunday, I birded the Key West Botanical Garden & Ft. Zachary
Taylor.  Migrants included REDSTART, BLACKPOLL, BLACK-THROATED BLUE, and
CAPE MAY WARBLERS.  Also saw  YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS and INDIGO BUNTINGS.
At dusk on Saturday, I heard an ANTILLEAN NIGHTHAWK at Trumbo Point
(Naval Air Facility).

John Murphy
Alligator Pt, FL