Fellow Birders
The Zenaida Dove was at 133 Valois at about 7AM. It perched at about 35 yards
on the wire then flew on a downward slant across the canal towards Marseilles
Blvd. I watched the bird for about a minute. About 10 other birders showed up
within the hour and did not relocate the bird by the time I had left about
10:15AM. The woman who owns the house at 133 is very upset at the presance of
birders and vocal about it. So I spent most of my time on the dirt road over
at Marseilles Blvd, where there are no houses, and you can catch most birds
that perch on the wires, so as not to disturb the locals. Birders were quiet
and well behaved while I was there, and all were standing along the edge of
the public road. So I am not sure what brought on the hostility. Birders were
staying so I hope the dove was relocated.
Matt Reid
Coral Springs, FL.