Fellow Birders,
I would have to agree with Paul Bithorn's earlier note as well. When I
spotted the Key Largo Zenaida today it was clearly a chunkier bird than an
immature Mourning Dove. Shape was the first sign that was evident before I
noticed the white on the trailing edges of the secondaries. The shorter, more
rounded tail was most noticable when the bird flushed, flying away from me. I
did spend three more hours trying to turn immature Mourning doves into
Zenaidas with the same results as Paul.
Matt Reid
Coral Springs