Hi all,

Went back down to St. Marks NWR this afternoon, hoping that the (very
probable) Raven I saw yesterday was still around. The only corvid seen was
one Extra Large corvid crossing the far side of Headquarters Pond as I was
scoping for bitterns, night-herons, etceteras(didn't find anything but
etceteras). I quickly discovered how hard it is to put a scope on a flying
bird, and by the time I gave up and used my bins the bird was too far away
to tell anything.

A note on the Raven: While I'm 99+% sure of the fact that is was a Raven
(the other 1% would be Crow Magnum), after studing tail shapes I've begun to
wonder if it might not have been Common but Chihuahuan instead...

There were a few surprising lingerers in Lighthouse Pool:

Lesser Scaup (juvenile/female)
Red-breasted Merganser (female)
Virginia Rail (taking a bath!)
Marbled Godwit

Also the following migrants:
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Stilt Sandpiper

A few other sightings of note:
Reddish Egret (my FOTS) in Lighthouse Pool
Two hen Turkeys just north of the refuge gate
Pair of Gray Kingbirds at Lighthouse Pool

Bird on, amigos and amigas...
-S.P.MacCumhail
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida