Haven't posted lately but have to share this!  Sitting here at my computer
working; heard a bald eagle shrieking.  Looked out the window and here comes
a mature eagle, an osprey, and six crows in hot pursuit!  Grab binoculars on
desk and go outside. Eagle and Osprey and Crows fly around in circles over my
head, long-leaf pine level and below, diving, swooping, climbing - then out
over the pasture - eagle loses down feather and it floats off in the wind.
Eagle heads south, toward Myakka state park, Osprey head north, crows split
up and return to pine trees (where they are nesting). Phew!   Would love to
know  the story behind the eagle and osprey showing up together - my guess is
one was attempting to steal fish from the other when they were ambushed by
the crows - but no water really close by except pasture watering holes. In
any case, made my afternoon!

Laura Obiso
Sarasota