Hi all,
This morning I went to J.B.Starkey park in New Port Richey. Not too many
migrants, mainly just the resident birds. I only walked the hiking and
nature trails and didn't bike  the Bike trail so I didn't see any
Brown-headed Nuthatches or Bachman's Sparrows as I probably would have.
Birds seen and/or heard:
Sandhill Crane
Northern Harrier
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Bobwhite
Pileated Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Mourning Dove
Blue Jay
Carolina Wren
Great-crested Flycatcher
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
Northern Mockingbird
Yellow-throated Vireo
White-eyed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Parula Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Pine Warbler
Eastern Towhee
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Northern Cardinal
Brown-headed Cowbird

By the way, the Pasco County Courthouse Chuck-will's-widow only sang 2
mornings this past week but the Common Nighthawk continues to "peent"
well into daybreak every day.

Good birding,
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL