Hi all,

We had a great trip to DTNP, followed up with the Zenaida Dove on Key Largo.
I can't remember the last time I got two lifers in a weekend in Florida.
Twenty-five years ago? Along on the trip were Buck & Linda Cooper, Eugene
Stoccardo, Wes Biggs, and others. Anyway, here's the good stuff.

Pelagic going out:
120+ Audubon's Shearwaters (could have been double that number, but being
conservative). Most I've ever seen by far!
60+ Bridled Terns
4 or 5? Pomarine Jaegers
Brown Boobies & Northern Gannets
Huge flocks of feeding B. Noddies & Sooty Terns

At DTNP
1 Yellow-faced Grassquit sat in the open at 20 feet and sang for fifteen
minutes for the entire bunch! WOW...................
1 White-tailed Tropicbird made two passes about 1 1/2 hours apart over the
North Coaling dock & Bush Key, where many had gathered to search for the
Black Noddy (no luck on the tern!).
1 Antillean Nighthawk flew out of the fort over our heads, calling as it
headed off at dark for the mainland.
1 Shiny Cowbird
all the regulars, few migrants
10 species of warblers
1 dramatic middle of the night (5:30 A.M.) helicopter evacuation from the
helipad at the south coaling dock of an extremely ill crew member from our
boat. No - they didn't warn the campers in the campground. Boy, did they get
a suprise!

Eugene & I found the Z. Dove in 5 minutes at the location given on this list.
It was feeding on the ground on Marseilles, then flew to the wires where it
stayed only a few seconds, then flew off into the trees. We made a quick
effort to relocate, but soon left as we needed to head on home and could not
stay longer. We had the bird about 6:30 P.M..

Dave Goodwin
St. Petersburg, FL
"Quick Hoatzin, the game's afoot!"