  From: Doug Bryan
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 2:29 AM
  Subject: Re: Analysis of texts

  "Scale-free characteristics of random networks: the topology of the World-Wide Web," A.L. Barabasi, R. Albert, H. Jeong, Physica A 281 (2000), Elsevier Science, 69-77
  http://www.nd.edu/~networks/Papers/proceeding.pdf

   "Inferring Web communities from link topology," David Gibson, Jon Kleinberg, Prabhakar Raghavan, in Proc. of the 9th ACM Conf. On Hypertext and Hypermedia, ACM Press, 225 - 234, 1998.
  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/kleinber/ht98.pdf

   G. W. Flake, S. Lawrence, C. L. Giles, and F. M. Coetzee (2002) "Self-organization and identification of Web communities," IEEE Computer, 35(3):66-71.  http://webselforganization.com/

   "Search engine makes social calls," John Whitfield, Nature, 7 March 2002 http://www.nature.com/nsu/020304/020304-8.html    [Short note about Flake's work that was in IEEE Computer 2002. "The web has spontaneously organized itself into communities."  "It could bring together people with common interests that may not know of each other's existence. You could also catch the early stages of new trends," says Kleinberg.]

  Doug Bryan