From:   Muge Ozman
Sent:   Tue 6/4/2002 5:13 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:             a question on clique overlaps

Dear All,
I am currently a Ph.D student at MERIT (Maastricht Economic Research
Institute on Innovation and Technology).

A current problem that i face in my thesis is about the clique overlap
issue. I want to obtain non-overlapping cliques, based on a weighted
adjacency matrix (weights being the frequency of interactions). I have
used
UCINET for 50x50 adjacency matrix to detect cliques, but i don't know
how i
can seperate them in the optimum way? (lets say i obtain 150 cliques,
there
is a great deal of overlap). Is there any algortihm, or software, or
method,
or idea (anything!) that someone can offer?

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Muge Ozman

Maastricht University - MERIT
P.O. Box 616 6200MD